Openwind Academic License Program
The AWS Truepower Openwind Academic License Program is designed specifically for the global higher education community. The annual subscription fee enables qualifying academic users worldwide to gain easy access to cutting-edge wind project design and optimization software, Openwind, as well as Windnavigator- the web platform that allows you to view and access AWS Truepower’s high-resolution wind resource maps and data anywhere you have an Internet connection. Windnavigator is used to prospect new wind development sites, browse global wind maps, query mean annual wind speeds at custom hub heights, and acquire wind statistics including Weibull values, wind roses and monthly diurnal distributions.
- Accredited, degree-granting higher education institutions worldwide offering 2-, 3- or 4- year programs (or equivalent) are eligible to participate in the program.
- Technical schools offering accredited degrees through distance education programs are also eligible to participate in the program.
Participation in the program is typically on a departmental basis, such as a Computer Science or Electrical Engineering department, but schools with multiple departments that wish to enroll could make special arrangements to acquire a campus subscription.
What it Includes
- 25 seats of Openwind Enterprise available for use by any student or teacher in the department holding the licenses for that academic year.
- Sample data and a tutorial that could be used to gain introductory practical knowledge of Openwind, or for a full course curriculum.
- Access to our Windnavigator website, including a limited number of datasets/reports per department for use in their academic program.
Software is provided to qualified users with limited access to customer support. AWS Truepower will provide technical support as needed with installation and initial setup, and provide technical support to a named single point of contact for the duration of the annual license period.
Download the full program description here.
If you are interested in subscribing to the Openwind Academic License, please fill out the form below and we will contact you with pricing and additional details.